Experiencing Davao Oriental (Post-Pablo Escapades)

I recently decided to start working with an international non-government organization (INGO). Fortunately (or unfortunately), this INGO has given me a post stationed in the Province of Davao Oriental. Well, you all know that Davao Oriental and Compostela Valley are the provinces greatly affected by Typhoon Bopha (Local Name: Pablo).

I am part of the the team that monitors and evaluates the various emergency and recovery programs in typhoon-stricken areas in Region XI. As you have guessed, my work entails a lot of field work and site visits in order for us to be able to religiously monitor the status, progress and accomplishments of our programs.

Up-to this point, I still don't know if my decision of leaving the metropolis was the right thing to do. Below are some photos that would either validate my decision or make me regret the same. Help me decide, will you?

Cateel Plaza Boulevard, Brgy. Poblacion, Cateel, Davao Oriental

Sta. Filomena Elem. School Building, Brgy. Sta. Filomena, Cateel, Davao Oriental







Brgy. Kinablangan, Baganga, Davao Oriental (5 photos)



Cateel Bayview, Cateel, Davao Oriental




Brgy. Kinablangan, Baganga, Davao Oriental (2 photos)



This was where the Davao Oriental and Compostela Valley offices
of our INGO had its first joint meeting.
Blue Bless Beach Resort, Mati City, Davao Oriental




Cateel Boracay, Cateel, Davao Oriental (2 photos)



Brgy. Malibago, Cateel, Davao Oriental (2 photos)



Aliwagwag River, Malibago, Cateel, Davao Oriental

As I called this in my Instagram account, God-made cascades.
Aliwagwag Falls, Aliwagwag, Cateel, Davao Oriental


I have stayed in Davao Oriental for already three weeks. So far, these are the photos that I captured using my smartphone, all of which are raw shots. Again, I really don't know whether my decision to work here is right. I am yet to find more pros and cons. As of now, serving the people of Cateel and Baganga makes me go to bed fulfilled each night. ***

4 comments:

  1. ... Bong, i'm mighty proud of the work you have been doing ... God bless you and cover you with His mantle of love of love and protection and send His ministering angels to guard and guide your way and every step that you make ... love you my son ... Mommy Nette

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that you're there and helping out, but as the saying goes, God loves happy helpers. Search your heart, Bong. I'm sure you'll end up helping out whichever way you decide, because that's the kind of person you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Missy. I really need to search my heart and find the right options as well. =)

      Delete

 

Meet The Blogger

This blog is intended to share to the world what my eyes can see. As a writer-turned-superhero, I am living my life one step at a time.

For more information, contact me here.

Twitter Updates